Are you a candidate for KYBELLA®?
Excess neck fat in the submental area — the “double chin” — is a common aesthetic concern for many. The ideal KYBELLA® candidate is someone with excess neck fat who wants to avoid surgery or liposuction.
KYBELLA® Is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that permanently destroys fat cells in the treatment area under the chin — the “double chin.”
Results? You can view “before and after” photos and read Kybella patient stories here.
KYBELLA® may be right for you if:
- You are bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
- You do not want surgery
KYBELLA® is not used as a “skin tightener” and will not lift loose or sagging skin. remove creases, augment, plump or enhance the tone of the neck.
How KYBELLA® works
The active ingredient in KYBELLA is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Decoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells permanently, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat. Further treatment is typically not needed once you reach your aesthetic goal.
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from person to person. KYBELLA® treatment sessions are given at least one month apart, and you should not receive more than six treatments.
How is KYBELLA® administered?
At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under you chin, in a process that takes about 15 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under your chin and your desired profile.
Most people feel no pain after treatment and you can go back to your normal activities the next day.
We recommend a minimum of three treatments. Treatments are more affordable when you purchase a three treatment package.
- Procedure has been explained, questions answered and consents signed.
- Photos of your face are taken from three angles. Front, 45˚, and full profile
- Area is cleaned with antibacterial.
- Lines are drawn on the face, delineating the treatment area
- KYBELLA® grid (dots) will be applied to treatment area (the grid is a temporary tattoo, applied to the skin with water and removed with alcohol wipes after the procedure)
- We will count the number dots within the delineated treatment area. The number of dots will determine your dose of KYBELLA®
- A small amount of KYBELLA® is injected with a thin needle into the treatment area. Most people do not feel pain during this injection process.
- Treatment dots are removed with alcohol
- Ice is applied to area
- After Care instructions are reviewed and you may resume normal activities the next day (read more)
- Follow up phone call on Day 4, post-treatment
- Follow up appointment is booked for five-to-six weeks post treatment with KYBELLA®
KYBELLA® is not used as a “skin tightener” and will not lift loose or sagging skin, remove creases, augment, plump or enhance the tone of the neck.
For more information go to: www.mykybella.com