What is Sculptra?
Skin aging is marked by structural and functional changes in the epidermis and dermis, which result in wrinkles, loss of elasticity, and rough-textured appearance. Hollow areas of the face can give an older appearance.
Sculptra is a biostimulatory filler that works with the body’s natural proteins to trigger collagen production. It is made of poly-l-lactic acid (PLLA-is a substance similar to dissolvable sutures) and when injected right below the surface of the skin GRADUALLY helps simulate and replace lost collagen.
It’s slow, gradual effect, gives the best and most natural results over time. Think of Sculptra as a marathon, not a sprint. It can take three months or more to appear.
As the PLLA microparticles are absorbed, collagen production accelerates reinforcing your skin’s structural foundation. Through a series of treatments, typically about three sessions over a few months, it restores the support and volume of the skin, that can last up to two years.
Which Areas Does Sculptra Treat?
- Deep folds between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds). Also called “smile lines”
- Lines framing the mouth (marionette lines)
- Chin wrinkles
- Temple hollowing
- Buttocks/hip dips
Sculptra Before & After
Each picture below represents real results from real patients.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) How Many Treatments Are Required?
On average, a series of three treatment sessions over the course of a few months may be needed. The amount of Sculptra injected at each session may vary and will be determined by your response to the treatment.
2) How Soon Will I See Results?
- Sculptra is designed to give you noticeable results that emerge gradually and can last up to two years. Don’t be disappointed if you don’t see immediate results.
- The Sculptra regimen delivers its full effects with an average of three treatment sessions over the course of a few months.
- You will see subtle, yet noticeable results by comparing images before treatment and a couple of months following treatment.
*Individual results and treatment sessions may vary
3) How Long Do Sculptra Treatment Effects Last?
In a U.S. clinical study, treatment results for some subjects lasted for up to 25 months after the last treatment session.
4) How Soon After Treatment Can I Wear Makeup?
You can apply makeup several hours after the treatment.
5) How Quickly Can I Get Back To My Daily Activities?
Most patients are able to get back to their activities immediately following treatment.
6) What are the Common Side Effects?
- Swelling and Inflammation
- Small or Large Bumps
7) What to Avoid Before Treatment?
- Cease taking aspirin and Ibuprofen (unless otherwise advised by your GP)
8) Treatment Guidelines:
- Ages 30-40 Two treatments- 1 vial/treatment six weeks apart
- Ages 40-50 Two treatments- 2 vials/treatment six weeks apart
- Ages 50-70+ Two-three treatments- 2-3 vials 6 weeks apart
Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the training, skill and expertise of the health care professional who is administering your treatment. (See Our Team)