SkinPen Micro-needling Pre & Post Procedure Instructions
Pre-Procedure Instructions & Precautions
- Avoid sun exposure/burns twenty-four (24) hours prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of retinoids twelve (12) hours prior to treatment.
- You should not have an active breakout, active cold sores, or open lesions. If this occurs, your medical microneedling treatment should be rescheduled.
- Allow at least (twelve) 12 hours after autoimmune therapies before having a medical microneedling treatment.
- Wait six (6) months following isotretinoin (Accutane) use.
- Skin types Fitzpatrick IV-VI, pigment may darken prior to lightening.
- Wait at least forty-eight (48) hours before or after Botox treatment to have medical microneedling treatment.
- Wait at least one (1) week before or after any fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, etc.
- Wait at least one (1) month before or after laser treatments such as IPL, VBeam, etc. or chemical peels such as Vitalize, Rejuvenate, etc. or Microdermabrasion treatments.
Post-Procedure Instructions & Precautions for first 24 Hours
- Only use the Rescue Calming Complex and the Lift HA Serum for the next twenty-four(24) hours. Do not use any other skincare products or makeup (cleansers, moisturizers, or sunblocks).
- After 24 hours from procedure you can also use a gentle cleanser and a zinc oxide sunblock as well as continue using the Rescue Calming Complex and the Lift HA Serum.
- Avoid exercise for three (3) days following the procedure (including procedure day). Bruising is rare however, do not plan an important event within 2 weeks of treatment.
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure for 2 weeks after treatment. Use zinc oxide and hat/shade to protect treated areas.
- Day 0 (day of procedure): Moderate redness, tight, sunburned sensation. Nothing on face except Hydrogel (Lift), apply as frequently as needed.
- Day 1 – Mild to moderate redness and swelling, similar to a sunburn. No sunscreen or makeup.
- Day 2 – Some persistent redness and swelling may be present. May apply sunscreen and makeup.
- Day 3 – Most redness, bruising, and swelling almost gone.
- Day 4 – Return to normal appearance without makeup.
Call us with any non-emergency questions or concerns 413-441-8453. If you are having an emergency after hours please visit your nearest Urgent Care or Emergency Room.